The best time to visit Tanzania is largely dependent on what you want to visit & how you want your visit to be. Throughout the year you can visit Tanzania attractions but it during the dry season (June to October) that regarded by many as the best time.
The great wildebeest migration herds are back in the Serengeti and about half a million new-born are born through this period, making it an excellent time for predator action.
Why June to October is the best time to visit Tanzania?
- June to October is the best time to visit Tanzania as animals are easier to spot and vegetation is at its weakest.
- April to May is probably the least favorable as it expected to be the rainy season.
- During the dry season, animals are easier to spot as with water shortages the vegetation weakens thus improving the visibility of animals.
- The great wildebeest migration calving season is yet another highlight of the migration with about half a million new-borns are born through this period.
- lastly, there are plenty more options of activities to do during the dry season
From November to March;
During this period of time it expected to be dry, sunny and with more activities during this period. The great wildebeest migration herds are back in the Serengeti and the scenery is very beautiful.
April to May is probably the least favorable as it is likely to be the rainy season. That’s because;
April to May;
The rainy season anticipated, making this not the best time to travel to Tanzania since it will be difficult to move around or enjoy the sun.
This time period has certain advantages;
- Lower prices;
- lovely environment;
- the greatest bird viewing of the year;
- less tourists (low season).